Profile Options in System Admin

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
sddf21

Profile Options in System Admin

Post by sddf21 »

Can some one tell me how to assign profile options to a responsibility.
anu_uma

Post by anu_uma »

Hi,

Can you please explain what you want to do with your responsibility otherwise, explain the situation so as you can get the better/best solution

Regards
sddf21

Post by sddf21 »

Situation is -
I have to create 2 SOB and then create a new user id and assign the resposnibility to that this user id and after that assign profile options

lets say I created - SOB for India- SS_IND
PKR- SS_PKR

I created a new user name- say sddf
password -xyz
and gave a name to new responsibility - SS_Combo
and assigned SS_IND to this new responsibility

Q1. Can you please explain the concept of profile options. What is the purpose of it.
Q2. Do i need to create 2 responsibilities for India n Pakistan.
Q3. How to assign profile options to this responsibility.

I will really appreciate ur help.

Thanks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

Hi there,

Q1. Can you please explain the concept of profile options. What is the purpose of it.

Sol: Profile Options control the behaviour and the functioning of Applications... it acts as a linking point between various setups !

Q2. Do i need to create 2 responsibilities for India n Pakistan.

Sol: Certainly you need to create 2 Responsibilities, since you will be having seperate Set of Books for India and Pakistan because they dont share similar currencies. And one responsibility can point to only one Set of Books.

Q3. How to assign profile options to this responsibility.

Sol:
Steps involved :

1) Create Two new Responsibilities for the Two set of books you have ( We will call it as IND and PAK )
2) Switch responsibility to System Administrator
3) Navigate to Profile > System
4) In the Pop Up Window , Click on the Responsibility field and select your IND responsibility first and at the end of the screen click on the profile field and select GL Set of Books Profile Option and Click FIND
5) Beneath the responsibility Column click in the while field and select your Set of Books name which u created for India and click ok and Save..
6) Its done
7) Perform the steps 3 to 5 for another responsibility which is PAK

HOPE THIS HELPS !