Distribution Allocation

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
rajib.banerjee

Distribution Allocation

Post by rajib.banerjee »

Dear friends,
I have a query. In a Standard AP Invoice the Accounting shown is Charge account debited and Liability account credited. The client wants all the accounts be it charge account or Liability account to be distributed between different departments. Now the charge account can be allocated as per requirement as it is manually given. But the Liability account flows from the account setup at the time of Vendor creation.

My qustion is how to allocate this Liability Account among different Departments. Department being one of the segments. Also how can this be done in case of a PO Matched Invoice.

Thanks
C-MOON

Post by C-MOON »

Hi rajib
just tell me little more whether it multi org environment where each deptt has been defined as OU and company as LE or something else because say u allocate ur liability at H qtr level or LE level to all ur OUs and then each OU will be responsible to pay this off ? so require some more info to help out some solution.
mohsin
rajib.banerjee

Post by rajib.banerjee »

Hi Mohsinsa,
In the Department Segment we have defined the department codes. Each department is not OU. They are just Cost Centres. The total of Liability for a Transaction / Invoice is to be allocated to different Departments(Cost Centres). The Charge Account is MAnually given in the Distribution Window..So no issues on that. But the Liability account flows automatically. The seggregation is required there only.
Thanks
C-MOON

Post by C-MOON »

then how u will be able to do it listen
ur supplier is credited with one purchase not ur deptt and u need to make payment to ur supplier centrally not individual deptt will make payment of it?
u have to think also from this point of view how that liability will be paid off once if created in the name of each deptt.
let say i suggest u , that in GL u allocate it manually to ur deptt.s (Dr ur supplier) but how then u will pay off each deptt. liability separately to end their credit balance so i dont deem it workable solution. u cant allocate it in this scenario.
anybody else if can comment pls?
mohsin
rajib.banerjee

Post by rajib.banerjee »

the expense is done from different departments and hence the payment will also be from diff. department..so liability arises for those departments also..we have seggregated the charge applicable to the departments but not the Liability...
anusha_rao

Post by anusha_rao »

hi
use automatic offsetting feature in ap
regards'
rao
chennai
india
rajib.banerjee

Post by rajib.banerjee »

hi Anusha,
plz let me know how automatic offsetting works..If any document is available will u plz send me?
Thanks