Adstrtal.sh error because of ADI

In this forum Oracle Applications DBA's, System Administrators & Developers can share their knowledge/issues.
lukman

Adstrtal.sh error because of ADI

Post by lukman »

Just want to share my experience

Apps : R12.0.4 with financials patch to 12.0.5
Database : 10.2.0.3.0
ADI : 7.2

I tried to use ADI 7.2 so I installed it in my computer. How to install and setup ADI can be found in Apps Documentation in this forum (http://www.erpstuff.com/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=26) if you had donate.

It's not much different for R11i and R12 except in R12, as the result of new INST_TOP, the dbc file was located in $INST_TOP/appl/fnd/12.0.0/secure.

After some failed login attempt in ADI, suddenly Oracle Apps stopped functioning. Stop and restarting database tier completed normal but stop and starting apps tier gave me error:

adstrtal.sh: Database connection could not be established.

Execute autoconfig after that completed with errors.

How do I know what's the problem? Here's the magic of SQLPLUS :P

I execute sqlplus then tried to connect as apps user then I got error:

ORA-28000: Account is locked <------ here's the main problem

How to solve it?
Using sqlplus, connect as database user then unlocked the account:

$ sqlplus /nolog

sql> connect <db_user>/<db_user password>

sql> alter user apps account unlock;

sql> exit;

then :
* Execute autoconfig again in apps tier
* Copy appsutil.zip that I got after running admkappsutil.pl script to RDBMS ORACLE_HOME
* Unzip appsutil.zip in RDBMS ORACLE_HOME
* Shutdown database tier then startup all tiers and voila ... all the tiers running smoothly :P

BTW, for all of you want to run Autoconfig in test mode before really apply autoconfig, Oracle had provided adchkcfg.sh script for testing purpose. As we're not allowed to paste any blogs in here, you can search in Oracle's blog by Gaurav Verma using "Running Autoconfig in Test Mode - Useful for Making 11i Rapid Clones faster" title.

Well, I hoped it would help any of you that had the same problem. Thx