FA --CIP Issue

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
shweta2smart

FA --CIP Issue

Post by shweta2smart »

Can we partially capitalized CIP Assets?

Please help.

Regards,
Shweta
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello.

In EBS 11.5.10.2 you can do that by querying the asset and tranfer the Source Line amounts to other assets.

Octavio
shweta2smart

Post by shweta2smart »

Hi Octavio,

Can you please elaborate it? or can you tell me the exact steps for it.So that i'll try to do it.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Shweta
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello.

This is for the following scenario(EBS 11.5.10.2). If yours is different please describe it.

You have CIP asset(s) and you want to transfer part of their cost to a capitalized asset (already existing or non existing).
If your capitalized asset is to be new, create it with zero cost. Note the Asset ID.
Query you CIP asset and press Source Lines. The Source Lines windows opens. In the rightmost column (Transfer Amount) enter the amount you want to transfer to the Capitalized asset. Press the Transfer To button. Press F11 and enter the Asset Id to which you want to transfer the amount. Press Ctrl+F11 and choose the Done button.

Now when you query both assets, the Capitalized one must show the amount transferred as Cost and the CIP asset must show a new, lower cost.

Just let me know if it has worked.

Octavio.
shweta2smart

Post by shweta2smart »

Hi Octavio,

It's woking fine.
Thanks a lot for the help Octavio.

Thanks a ton

Regards,
Shweta