Receivables problem

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
tamerelmallah

Receivables problem

Post by tamerelmallah »

I have problem with transaction screen in AR. i can't edit or update revenu account field after saving the invoice. it was work before. now it gives me (field protected against update). kindly i need help
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi tamer elmallah

According to my knowledge You can edit or update revenue account field after saving the invoice & this operation will be disabled (field protected against update) if you use this invoice in the receipt form by applied the receipt in the invoices.

This operation mean that the invoice data become record in the historical table & you can't update the revenue account.

Try the operation from the beginning at the test server & you will know when you can & when you can't update the account.

Thanks
Hisham
tamerelmallah

Post by tamerelmallah »

Dear Hiszaki, this probleb comes when i create the invoice and save it without doing any additional transactions like receipt or posting. so, i need help for this problem
admin

Post by admin »

Check if there is no forms personalization. thanks
joythomas

Post by joythomas »

Is this happening in all instances .
Check with an another user , whether he/ she is able to update the revenue account in the instance , where you have the issue .
If the answer is yes , check any profile option recently assigned to user level.

check in other instances whether you can update the revenue account after you saved the record . If you are able to update the transaction in other instances and not in a specific instance and If the other user also is not able to update the revenue account ,

Check the following in the instance , where you have the issue.

Check if there is any form Personalization in Transactions form from your distribution form - #8594; help -> Diagnostics -> Personalize. You may need apps password to check this, depend up on the setup in your instance .

Turn off the custom code
Help -> Diagnostics -> Custom Code -off , You need the apps password to do this . By doing this you can rule out that there was no custom .pll , which is not allowing you to update the revenue account .

Create and save a transaction and try to update the revenue account , still if it is not possible ,

Check with DBA , if there are any latest AR patches
, any custom code applied or any recent setup changes has been applied in the instance .

If the answer is yes , Analyze each one of the items and identify which one caused the issue .
If there were no AR patches or custom codes or any setup changes applied to your instance or you can not update revenue account in all other instances , log a SR with Oracle .

Thanks
Joy Thomas
tamerelmallah

Post by tamerelmallah »

Deal All,
Many thanks for your active cooperations. actually the problem was from security rules. some one stopped our accounts on this instance by playing in this screen with AR responsibility.
Thanks a lot
joythomas

Post by joythomas »

Hey
Just clarification -

If the security rules were assigned to your responsibility and you could not be able create the AR Transaction with the excluded segment . Your issue was that you could not update the AR transactions once you created and saved?

Would you please explain in detail, how you resolved the issue. This will help all forum members.

Thanks
Joy Thomas