Data/Report restricting in AP and PO

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
zhondi

Data/Report restricting in AP and PO

Post by zhondi »

Hello Gurus,

I have a Finance Department with 3 Sections as below:
Section 1 deals with Local creditors
Section 2 deals with Foreign creditors
Section 3 deals with Employee Expenses i.e. Petty Cash and Staff advances.

How can i restrict reports and data access in AP and PO within these sections as they are all in one Operating Unit and im using 11i.

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Zhondi.
joythomas

Post by joythomas »

Zhondi

There are many options to restrict the user access and by using these options together , you will be able to restrict the user access. This is segregation of duties or Job Mapping and this one of the stages of any Oracle application implementation.

Identify the required menus,functions , programs and reports for each user groups.
1.Create 3 custom responsibilities for each user group.

Create 3 separate menus each user group or create one menu and exclude the functions for other user group and assign to the responsibility. Create 3 separate request groups and include only those programs and reports you identified for the each user group. Assign the request group to the to the specific responsibility.

Assign the responsibilities to each user group and this way , each user group can have only restricted user access.

2. Create Flexfield security rules and assign to these responsibilities.
I do not know your ACS structure , is there any accounting segment can be used for separating these user groups. If it is there , use that accounting segment for defining the flexfield security rules .

Navigation for defining security rules
General Ledger ->Financials ->Key ->Security -> rules
Navigation for assigning security rules
General Ledger ->Financials ->Key ->Security -> Assign

You define the security rules for the value set of the accounting segment , which you identified for separating your user groups and assign the defined security rule to responsibility - by using the above navigation , query the value set , for which you have defined the security rule and assign the security rule to the responsibility .
eg. Define Security Rules, create a new rule for the value set for the GL account segment.
Include - 000000 - ZZZZZZ
Exclude - 210000 ? 210000

This way , you can restrict user access to a specific segment value or values .
3 . Use form Personalization. This is a very good feature to restrict the user access. Search metalink , you will get information about the form Personalization.

Look at this metalink Note:726320.1 for your reference .

4. If you could not able to restrict the user access through creating 3 separate responsibilities and assigning the Flexfield security rules and creating form Personalization ,can create custom.pll for restricting the functions and create as a custom profile option and assign to the responsibilities . This option involves coding .

Thanks
Joy Thomas
admin

Post by admin »

Excellent Joy Thomas. thanks
zhondi

Post by zhondi »

Hello Joy Thomas,

Thank you very much for your input, i really appreciate it.

Im statring to work on it and if i get stuck somewhere i will get back at you or if i discover something new i will update the forum as necessary.

Regards,

Zhondi.