Item Cost updating after receiving (LANDING COST)

Purchasing & Inventory forum can be used to discuss all features/issues related to Oracle Purchasing & Inventory.
imtiyaz

Item Cost updating after receiving (LANDING COST)

Post by imtiyaz »

Hi All & Admin,

Pls. help me with a work around salutation.

In our scenario I have to update the item cost after receiving the material. (indirect cost ? like custom duty, freight, clearance charges and so on). We don?t want to go for customization.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help in this matter.
ageepee

Post by ageepee »

Landed cost is actually an estimate which the receiver enters on the header when the material is received. It calculates at line level, if one po has multiple line the calculation will be done accordingly. This landed cost will calculated per unit bais , as overhead charges under ITEM COST.Actual invoice is usually received later . The difference between the actual invoice and landed cost average, the difference may be very minor, if entered by expert the freight forwarding section.

Hope it clears ...

Geepee
ageepee@qapco.com.qa
sanjay.g

Post by sanjay.g »

hi ageepee,

thanx for ur information.

as u said "Landed cost is actually an estimate which the receiver enters on the header when the material is received."

now, can u plz tell me where (i mean, in which field) can we enter landed cost in header while receiving.
if posssible, can u mail me the screen shots.

thanks

sanjay
sajay.guduru[@]ebussoftsys.com
imtiyaz

Post by imtiyaz »

Hi Gurus,

As we are expecting landing cost functionality built in 12.1.0.0, we did workaround for the time being. once materail is received, store keeper will not do any transaciton untill cost account update the item cost, all the cost is charge to clearing account, and then In AP, invoice work beanch we clear this A/C by charge to multi accounts Payable accounts.

Regards

Syed Imtiyaz Ahmed