change new year calander

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
musharraf

change new year calander

Post by musharraf »

as all of we know taht year 2008 is going to end and new year, 2009 is appearing so pls tell me how to attach previous2008,calander setup with 2009 calander
umamahesh_jv

Post by umamahesh_jv »

Hi,

first go to GL setup and query the calendar u created and add new periods and save the changes.

Let me know if i am wrong

Regards
Mahesh
musharraf

Post by musharraf »

sir i am asking about oracle R-12 may i change accounting calander from 2008 to 2009.
admin

Post by admin »

If you will not provide details in your question then member will also be confused in replying to your post. As you are just asking that can I change or not then you can just open the form and give a try.

Now I will try to assume your problem and will try to reply. Seems you are new and existing employee has not handed over system properly and year is ending and you are thinking how system will work in year 2009?

If you are in Pakistan then your financial year will be from july 08 to jun 09 so don't worry till june.

What you should check open the calendar and check the periods and let us know else get all values of existing calendar and put in excel. Change year accordingly and then upload/enter.

Thanks