GL - Monthly Calendar Change (11.5.10.2)

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
nathan_rs

GL - Monthly Calendar Change (11.5.10.2)

Post by nathan_rs »

Hello,

My requirement is that for a manufacturing industry it has been defined Monthly calendar in GL (11.5.10.2) as monthly. Now the requirement is such that we need to define 4-4-5 weekly calendar instead of monthly to arrive at actual COGS for the shipment.

Currently shipment happens next day and revenue could not be recognised on the same day (esp if it is during the month end transaction), we will have to back date GL and then take the data to GL for reporting.

My question here is at this point of time where we have good amount of transactions taken place in all modules of the apps and now what kind of impact that this changing will make the system. Firstly, is it possible using existing setups.

Pls. help.

Thanks and Regards,
Nandhakumar my mail is nathan_rs at rediffmail dot com.
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

I have not handled this scenario. I give below my thoughts. It is better to log a service request with oracle to get a well defined process.

You can not change the calendar in the existing SOB/Ledger.

You may have to create a new organization structure (SOB/OU/IO).
1. Create a new SOB with a new calendar.
2. Create new OUs and attach this SOB
3. Create new IOs and attach new SOB and new OU
4. Create new responsibilities and attach the new SOB/OU

If you do this change in the middle of the year, you may have to consolidate both SOBs to get the MIS reports.

Cheers,
Saravanan TG
nathan_rs

Post by nathan_rs »

Hi TGS (Saravanan),

Thanks for the insight which originally came to my mind. But some corner of the world someone would have come across such requirement and hence my FORUM.

Can any of the FOLKS help me or give some more guidance/hints on how to address this.

Thanks,
Nandhakumar