Oracle Receivables 11i

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
fongeh

Oracle Receivables 11i

Post by fongeh »

Hi, I have created my personal Oracle Receivables 11i responsibility but when i want to access the functions in my responsibility an error message pops up telling me,i must be set up as a buyer in order to access this responsibility.I need clarification and help on this.
Thanks
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

This message is generally displayed in PO module. You may check up the following.

1. Are you getting this message in the seeded AR responsibility. If Yes, then give us the menu in which the error is displayed
2. If error is appearing only in the responsibility in which you defined, check up the responsibility details (compare with seeded one).

Cheers,
Saravanan TG
fongeh

Post by fongeh »

Hi Saravanan
Thanks for your prompt reply.I made an error in the question,the message is coming from PO Module.Could you please tell me what i can do to solve the problem, or avoid this message from popping.
Thanks in advance
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

You should first create employee in HRMS and attach the employee to the userid. Then create buyer in the PO module.

The steps are explained in detail in Purchase implementation manual.

Cheers,
Saravanan TG