How to entry refund

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
Sandip27

How to entry refund

Post by Sandip27 »

Suppose I give him a Party of Rs.102/-. Supplier Invoice Value is Rs.100/-. So we refund to party Rs.2/-.

How it is entry in ERP?
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello.

Your question is not clear, so i don't know if this is the answer you're looking for.
You are mentioning Supplier, so i believe you made a Prepayment in the amount of Rs 102 and now you receive the invoice in the Rs 100 amount, so your supplier sends you Rs 2 to balance the account.
If this is the case, your Prepayment still shows an unnaplied amount of Rs 2 so you should enter a dummy invoice for this amount and apply the rest of the prepayment to it. For the refund, enter a Debit Or Credit Memo for Rs 2 and pay it. The system will automatically change the payment to Refund.

Octavio
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

Octavio is absolutely right.

Sandep: If you have paid Rs.102, they why are you refunding Rs.2 to the supplier? Only the supplier should refund Rs.2

Cheers,
Saravanan TG
MEHTAA

Post by MEHTAA »

Dear,

We can raise the Debit memo to party and take the refund from payment form.

Anil
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi Sandip

You can also enter the invoice with fully amount 102 then make a debit memo with 2 then use the refund function in the payment form.

Thanks
Hisham