ENCUMBRENCE BALANCE

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
williamsjack40@gmail.com

ENCUMBRENCE BALANCE

Post by williamsjack40@gmail.com »

HAI,

I AM NEW TO THIS SITE.I HAD A PROBLEM WITH ENCUMBRANCE BALANCE.CAN ANY ONE HELP ME.

WE HAD ENCUMBRANCE IN NEGATIVE.SO BAECAUSE OF THAT FUND AVAILABLE IS SHOWING WRONG

EX:IF BUD IS 1000,ENCUMBRANCEIS(-500)ACTUAL IS 500

FUND AVAILABLE=BUDGET-ENCUMBRANCE-ACTUAL
ACTUALLY FUND AVAILABLE IS 0
BUT IN MY CASE IT IS SHOWING 1000 BECOZ OF NEGATIVE ENCUMBRANCE

SO NOW I WANT TO MAKE NEGATIVE ENCUMBRANCE AS 0
SO THAT FUND AVAILABLE WILL BE CORRECT
AND TO PREVENT MAKING NEGATIVE ENCUMBRANCES.I WANT TO MAKE ENCUMBRANCE AS 0?GUIDE ME PLEASE

THANKS IN ADVANCE,
JACK
williamsjack40@gmail.com

Post by williamsjack40@gmail.com »

HAI,

CAN ANY BODY HELP ME PLEASE.I HAVE TO CLOSE THE PERIODS.

JACK
SMShahbaz

Post by SMShahbaz »

I think its a matter of simple algebra.

Try this:

Funds Available = Budget(1000) - Encumbrance(500) -Actual(500) = 0

May be you are either using an extra negative sign with the formula or with the encumbrance value. Please look into it and inform us.

Best Regards,
stalinvstalin@gmail.com

Post by stalinvstalin@gmail.com »

hai all,

there are many reasons for negative encumbrances.
Negative Encumbrance is shown in Funds Inquiry screen under the following scenarios which are explained with some examples. All these examples are based under the following assumptions.

- Boundary defined in budget organization is Quarter with amount type as QTD.
- Budget for an amount of $1500 is allocated for each quarter.
- Budget a/c and Charge a/c are same. Actual entries will be represented by the term Charge a/c and Encumbrance entries will be represented by the term Budget a/c.

1)If Requisition/Purchase Order is reserved in one period and unreserved in different period by taking a Cancel/Final close/Unreserve action without consuming the funds(receipt and invoice not done), it will create a negative encumbrance. This is under the condition where unreserved amount > total encumbered amount for that period in which the Unreserve action is taken.
2)If Purchase Order is reserved in one period and received in another period, it will create a negative encumbrance. This is under the condition where received amount > total encumbered amount for that period in which the receipt is done.

see Doc ID: 949876.1 in metalink

stalin