Advance Form Customer in AR

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
Rizwan.Mumtaz

Advance Form Customer in AR

Post by Rizwan.Mumtaz »

Hello All

Can sombody provide me help that how to deal with Acvance form customer in AR Module R12.1.1.

Thanks all
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

Create a deposit invoice transaction in AR and then create a receipt against this deposit invoice.

Cheers,
Saravanan
Rizwan.Mumtaz

Post by Rizwan.Mumtaz »

hi sarvanan

I m unable to perform this process , could you guide me in steps please.

thanks
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

Detailed steps are available in the document. I would suggest you to go through oracle AR user manual before creating deposit transactions.
<b>I m unable to perform this process , could you guide me in steps please.</b>
In which step you got struck?

1. Create the masters like transaction type
2. Enter the deposit transaction (No lines are applicable)
3. Complete the deposit invoice
4. Receive against this deposit invoice like any other invoice

Cheers,
Saravanan
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi Saravanan

I would like to ask you, if I create a receipt only ,without any invoice, is enough to make the customer in advance or must made an invoice (deposit) then apply this invoice with receipt?

Because I have the same issue, sometimes the customer pay in advance for specific sales order & we need to refer in the sales order the receipt number which the customer paid it before & when the order become invoice, the receipt apply automatically with this receipt. is this possible?

Please advice
Thanks
Hisham
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

If the customer gives you advance against a specific sales order, then you may create sales order and then prepayment receipt. When you create invoice for the same sales order, the invoice will be applied against the receipt.

If you do not know the sales order for the advance received or if OM is not implemented, then you may create the deposit invoice in AR and receive against the deposit invoice. When you create the actual invoice, you can apply this invoice against the deposit invoice.

Cheers,
Saravanan
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi Saravanan

Thanks for you reply but sometimes the customer pay the receipt in advance then the sales order created after 3 or 4 days, so if I enter the receipt I can't made the prepayment in the sales order & if I didn't create the receipt until the sales order created, the customer balance will not correct because he pay in advance from 3 days ago?

Do you have any idea how we can handle this issue?

Thanks
Hisham
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

Hisham: In such cases, you can create the deposit invoice and receipt. After shipping the goods (or service), the actual invoice will be created. You need to manually apply this invoice against the deposit invoice.

Otherwise you need to wait till sales order is created, but in this case customer balance will not be correct.

Cheers,
Saravanan
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Saravanan

Thanks for your reply

Hisham
Rizwan.Mumtaz

Post by Rizwan.Mumtaz »

Hi Sarvanan

I have Created Deposit invoice.
Eneter a recipt and Apply to that deposit invoice.
Accounting has been created successfully.

NOw what are the next steps to do?

Thanks
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

Customer advance cycle is completed with this. After making shipment of goods (or service), if OM is implemented, you should create invoice either through auto invoice or manually. Then apply this invoice against the deposit invoice.

Cheers,
Saravanan