Tag field in Asset Addition Form

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
Rizwan.Mumtaz

Tag field in Asset Addition Form

Post by Rizwan.Mumtaz »

Hi all

I am working in R12.1.1

I want to enable the tag field in the Asset additon form in FA module.
what is the procedure for that. is there any set up required and how this could be managed with the asset number as asset tag must be unique as the asset number.

Thanks in Advance
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

1. Is Tag field greyed out for new assets also?
2. Is there any requirement to use the tag number? As asset number is a system assigned number, companies may use tag numbers and serial numbers to identify the assets. Small tags are printed (like barcode number) and fixed with the assets and also entered against the assets. This can also be used in assets physical inventory.

Cheers,
Saravanan
Rizwan.Mumtaz

Post by Rizwan.Mumtaz »

HI Sarvanan

Yes tag field is disabled for the new asset.
Client required that Asset number will be the tag number.

thanks
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

Looks strange to me. Can you check whether there are any personalizations (or customizations) to disable this field?

Just now I have entered an asset in solutionbeacon R12.1.1. instance with tag number and the field is enterable and updateable.

To my knowledge there is no profile option or any other standard setup to make the field disabled.

Cheers,
Saravanan