Mass Transfer in Oracle Assets

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
musmanqazi

Mass Transfer in Oracle Assets

Post by musmanqazi »

Hi

Can anyone plz tell me how to transfer asset location within the same book in Oracle Assets. I want to transfer only a select number of assets instead of the whole category of assets. is there any other way than changins from assignment window for mass transfer of assets. ( i want to transfer asset no. say 100-140 from location A to Location B).

I am using Oracle 11.5.10.2 version.

thanks
hiszaki

Post by hiszaki »

Hi musmanqazi

I think the only way to change the location from assignment window by inquiry the asset no then press on assignment then transfer the asset from location A to B.

Thanks
Hisham
musmanqazi

Post by musmanqazi »

Thanks for reply Hisham

Actually the scenario is like 100 tems have been transfered through mass addition transfer from AP. After I split these items these have the default location assigned to them (we are using split asset basis i.e each asset has unique asset number). Now I want to distribute these 100 items into two (2) different locations.

Is there any way to mass transfer these assets from location A to B. e.g If location A has 100 items and I want to transfer 50 items from Location A to Location B. Can i Mass transfer those 50 items in Assets Module. The mass transfer option transfers the whole category of assets intead of only range of asset number. (asset no 1-50)

Hi musmanqazi

I think the only way to change the location from assignment window by inquiry the asset no then press on assignment then transfer the asset from location A to B.

Thanks
Hisham

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by hiszaki
tgs100

Post by tgs100 »

There is no direct solution available. However you may try the below workaround.

1. Create a new category with dummy accounts
2. Use Mass Reclassification form to reclassify your assets (say asset numbers from 150 to 200) to a new category (created in step 1)
3. Perform Mass Transfer to a new location for the new category assets
4. Use Mass Reclassification again to change the category from new category to old category
5. Disable the new category.

Cheers,
Saravanan
musmanqazi

Post by musmanqazi »

thanks a lot Saravanan

that dose the trick.

Usman [:)]