How to Create Credit Memo with Onaccount/Unapplied

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
nadh.oracleapps@yahoo.com

How to Create Credit Memo with Onaccount/Unapplied

Post by nadh.oracleapps@yahoo.com »

Dear Members,

How to Create a Credit Memo with on Account or Unapplied Balance.

Thanks
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello.

On Account and Unapplied refers to Cash Receipts not to Credit Memos.

Octavio

Thanks oteixeira for Valuable Suggestion,

Here is the Scenario, There should be no Balance for Month end for all Receipts.

Thanks
oteixeira

Post by oteixeira »

Hello.

Let me see if I get your idea. You say that ?<b>There should be no Balance for Month end for all Receipts?</b>. For me, this means that, at the end of each period, you do not want to have Cash Receipts with all or part of its amount with a status of On Account or Unapplied. This can be hard to achieve, in particular because sometimes it is not easy to identify all transactions being paid by a receipt. That?s why you have the option to leave it On Account or Unapplied. So the only option I see is that you run the Unapplied Receipts Register report on the last day of each period, query the listed Receipts and apply them to Transactions. There can be situations where this is not possible. Consider, for example, that a customer has sent you money but you have not yet issue the invoice. In this case there is no way of applying the receipt unless you have activated the option to apply receipts to unrelated transactions.

This business requirement can be tricky.

Octavio

Thanks Octavio for Valuable Information.