got an error ora-01653

In this forum Oracle Applications DBA's, System Administrators & Developers can share their knowledge/issues.
bry21

got an error ora-01653

Post by bry21 »

hi! need help to solve this error ora-01653: unable to extend table AR.AR_RECEIPTS_REP_ITF by 130 in tablespace ARD. when running receipt register report. i saw this error when i view the log file
admin

Post by admin »

Your tablespace or datafile is not set to autoextend so set it or increase the size manually. thanks
anu_uma

Post by anu_uma »

Hi,
This Error is generic and can cause the same error while updating some other tables also.

This error does not necessarily indicate whether or not you have enough space in the tablespace, it merely indicates that Oracle could not find a large enough area of free contiguous space in which to fit the next extent.

Reason for the error is failed to allocate an extent for table segment in tablespace.

Use ALTER TABLESPACE ADD DATAFILE statement to add one or more
files to the tablespace indicated.

A simple query to get information about the free space in a tablespace for frequent Check of the table space

<b><font color="blue">SELECT TABLESPACE_NAME,BLOCK_ID,BLOCKS,BYTES FROM DBA_FREE_SPACE</font id="blue"></b>

TIA
siva sankar

Post by siva sankar »

Hi,

I agree with uma.

Cause: Failed to allocate extent for table segment in tablespace.
Action: Use the ALTER TABLESPACE ADD DATAFILE statement to add one or more
files to the tablespace indicated.