KFF Segment values

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
syedtaju_21

KFF Segment values

Post by syedtaju_21 »

Hi,
What is the difference between Disable option and End date.
I want to disable few dependent segment value in the chart of accounts , which was already used in SLA.
If i do like this is there any chance to corrept the Accounting data.
Which option that i can use whether "Disable or "End Date" for dependent segment in the KFF.
Advance Thanks
karthikeyanp1981

Post by karthikeyanp1981 »

Dear Syedtaju,

the difference is on the basis of "when it will come in to effect".
Disable = Immediate
End Date = Some Future Date, need not be immediate, you can decide the value to be disabled in a future date today itself ....

Regards,
Karthikeyan
syedtaju_21

Post by syedtaju_21 »

Hi Karthikeyan,
My query is whether it will corrept the exsisting Accounting data. This is dependent value for which am going to disable.
Advance Thanks
admin

Post by admin »

What you disable or end date will not corrupt the data. I think if there is any dependency you will not be allowed to disable and will give error due to dependencies. Better you check on TEST first then take your decision. tks
AmanKhan

Post by AmanKhan »

You can disable any value even Company segment values of COA. If you disable or End date then there will be no data corruption but system will prompt you about disable value if it is assigned in forms then you have to change the value to new one except the posted transactions.

Regards,