double payment of a supplier invoice

This forum is to discuss different features/issues of Oracle Financials modules ( GL - General Ledger, AP - Accounts Payable, AR - Accounts Receivable, FA - Fixed Assets & CM - Cash Management ).
Gabi87

double payment of a supplier invoice

Post by Gabi87 »

Hi Everyone,

Could you please help me with the following problem?:
I have a supplier invoice that is accidentally paid doubly. (It was paid manually, and from AP with a payment batch as well). The bank statement line of the manual payment is unreconciled in CM.
The supplier is unwilling to pay back it, so I would like to deduct this amount from the next payment, but I don't know how.
I thought I make a prepayment and apply it to a new unpaid invoice of the supplier, but I have never made prepayments so far (I have read how to do it) and I am a bit confused, what will happen if I apply the prepayment to the new invoice. Will it makes new distribution lines? Will it modify the amount of the new invoice? (I hope do not)

Thanks in advance!
admin

Post by admin »

Once you will apply prepayment it will not change the invoice amount but will reduce the payment Invoice - prepayment = payment. tks
Gabi87

Post by Gabi87 »

[quote]Once you will apply prepayment it will not change the invoice amount but will reduce the payment Invoice - prepayment = payment. tks

<i><div align="right">Originally posted by admin
admin

Post by admin »

A prepayment is a type of invoice you enter to make an advance payment to a supplier or employee. You can later apply the prepayment to one or more invoices or expense reports you receive from the supplier or employee to offset the amount paid to them. The supplier might send an invoice that references a prepayment. If the supplier has reduced the invoice amount by the amount of the prepayment. You can use the Prepayment on Invoice feature to enter the invoice.

Entry = Dr - Cr
Invoice = Expense - Liability
Prepayment Entry = Prepayment - Liability
Prepayment Application = Liability - Prepayment

Hope now it is clear. tks
Gabi87

Post by Gabi87 »

Clear :)
Thank you very much!